Monday, October 5, 2015

Stolen Glances

I see you staring at me every time I walk into the room, you know I'm with another right now but yet you keep catching my eye. I like your jacket, it's a little flashy but flashy can be okay as long as there's something good on the inside. I promise when I finish with the one I'm with I'll give you a chance, see if we're compatible, you wouldn't be here if I didn't think I'd liked you, I am the one that invited you into my home. I got you at the Goodwill, I like other things your author has written, your flashy dust jacket makes you sound practically irresistible.

 I assume this is how all people feel when looking at their bookshelves, am I right?

2 comments:

  1. I never know where you're going with this stuff! Your creativity with words still amazes me. I still think you missed your calling as a writer :)

    ReplyDelete